Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Now you know the Paper is an around the way heartbreaker...

very hot date tonight....with my daddy that is :)


My dad reminds me of one those "on paper" phenomenons where you would make the perfect match with someone if I didn't need to be interacted in real life. He's intelligent, has a resume like woah and yet... meh. I won't go there but it does make for an interesting transition (and somewhat awkward) to the Paper Boy.


I think that I have a tendency to fall for "paper boys," guys that would fit the Barack to my Michelle, the Cliff to my Claire, or more recently the George Lucas to my Melodie Hopson. I wind up with these guys that I'm attracted to because they have the qualities that I think are necessary for my future mate and then as the road winds and something is just not there. It becomes I can kiss you but I can't date you or I can date you but I can't be in a relationship with you or once again more recently I can be in a relationship with you but I can't marry you.

What's the deal with finding guys that should technically be so right who end up being so wrong? Is there a better way of defining what it is that I'm looking for in a guy so I don't end up with a bunch of dead ends or do I try and ignore what my head is telling me in search of going with my heart? I really despise the latter route as it go against EVERYTHING I've ever taught myself about how to function. And if I do ignore my head is there to a way to make sure I don't end up like the girls you hear about from back in high school? Oh you know the "oh she fell in love with him girl but now they livin in the street while he works on being a rapper..."

bah. Where's my book with all the answers?


Title courtesy of Ditty "Paper Boy"

No comments:

Post a Comment