Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beautiful Nightmare...

I had a dream Sunday night that I was being stoned to death.

In a firing squad line stood every guy I've ever had a crush on who didn't like me back and every guy who've I've ever allowed to break my heart in some way, all with a bucket of stones placed on stumps next to them. The bell went off and stones were being thrown left and right at me. I wasn't chained up but I still didnt move. Not even to flinch. For every rock that hit me the pain lasted a second on that place on my body but everytime I was hit it felt like i was being delivered a swift kick to my chest- my heart.

I turned and looked at every guy with a stone in his hand... This guy that I liked for three years with nearly a boulder in his hand, the guy I dated for a few weeks in hs to make my boyfriend jealous- a hand full of pebbles. And so it went on like this, the opportunity to stare my assasins down. Finally before the end of the line, I found myself on the ground, knees bleeding profusely, arms bruised, head wounded, unable to breathe from the repeated attacks on my chest. I begged high onto the sky for anything to take away the pain... That death now come quick. I looked up and stared at the last man in line...

He looked up at me with his full lips and brown eyes and I recognized him instaneously- it was me. Assassin Me had a slingshot in hand with the smallest rock, sharpened to many different points and as she peeled back the rubberband and took aim towards her target I found myself studying the other me intensely. Such hate, fury, and a brow furrowed with scorn was plastered over my features... The assasin finally release the projectile and it hit me square in the chest killing me....

I dont know what it all means. I've taken some guesses and made a few ganders with dream dictionaries but I must say its the most poignant and root rocking dream I've had yet.... I agree with the dream interpretation points though... I'll post them below.




To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents. Note also that dreams of murder occur frequently during periods of depression.
----------
To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life. ---------


Disconnected and desperately escaping... If that doesn't describe my life right now I don't know what is.






Title courtesy of Beyonce "Beautiful Nightmare"

No comments:

Post a Comment