Monday, September 28, 2009

Admit that the waters around you have grown...

When I was younger I couldn't wait to grow up. I always looked at my older cousins and thought about how cool they were as they stood in front of the mirror doing their hair or putting on make-up for their dates. Little did I know that I'd be sitting here wishing I was young again.


I think I've officially gotten too old for casual dating. Not the casual "friends" with benefits or just dating random guys on the weekend but moreso the let's date and not worry about where this goes. The dating for "no term".. not the short term and the long term but just dating without trying to put a limit on the time and where things are going. It seems weird but I was just thinking about the guys I liked in college... I wanted to date them and to have someone there for as long as college was around but after that I didn't really put out for long term plans. One of the guys that I like right now I think he's amazing, and smart, and funny (amongst other things) but out of all the dreams/daydreams never once has it been one of us getting married or being in any type of relationship pat a few years. It's not that I think that I'm uncaring or jaded- it's just I think that I'm at a point where a serious LTR relationship just doesn't fit into the works.

Maybe it's just me- do people still enter into casual relationships?

Title Courtesy of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin"

No comments:

Post a Comment