Monday, January 11, 2010

Forever Forlorn Francesca

Lately with all of this black women will be alone and single forever news that's gotten all over the United States (pronounced internets) I've come to conclusion...

I'm ok with never being married.



Kinda ironic considering this a sex and relationship blog but I truly find so much joy in international economic development, working, talking to my friends, reading, being with my family, etc that I find relationships to be such a small part of everything. It's kind of weird because I like Terence a lot a lot and I liked Andy/Rupert a lot a lot and I don't worry about myself falling in the spectrum of "lawd chile she ain't NEVER gonna get married" because I think I have a lot going for me and I have never had an issue (sans Terrence) of getting serious with someone when the time was right. But if that happy day of being proposed to on Champs de Mars as we do a light brunch never comes I won't be jumping off the bridge. Sure I'd love to be that fabulous lawyer married to the love of her life but in the scheme of things it just simply is not that serious. Single mothers have been raising kids since the beginning of time and lawd knows getting pregnant isn't in danger of extinction.

So if you see me 10 years from now happily married pushing kid 1-4 around a stroller while my husband has 5-6 on his front and back I'm happy. And if you see me 10 years shaking hands with the President as I'm being sworn in as Ambassador to the United Nations or Secretary of State- I'm happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment