Friday, January 22, 2010

Down a Rabbit Hole We Go!




One of my favorite scenes in Alice and Wonderland is when she finds herself lost and she starts to sing a little song. I was fascinated when I first heard the song and now I have to remind myself how much it's true:

I give myself very good advice,
But I very seldom follow it,
That explains the trouble that I'm always in,
Be patient, is very good advice,
But the waiting makes me curious....

I give great advice if I may say so myself. I think I draw on inspiration from what my guy friends, relatives, girl friends have said and just manage to streamline it to my friends. And coincidently to myself. Today I realized what I've been telling other people about my own frelationship*... if he wants to make it work he'll put in the work. Now that might sound kinda harsh but it's true all across the board... if a guy wants something he'll go to work for it and well- if he wants me he'll go to work and we'll deal with the situation when we cross that bridge. If he doesn't than he doesn't. I have Project GDub, Operation Grey's Anatomy, and Mission Healthcare to work on. And oh let's not forget what a bunch of southern cuties filling up Capitol Hill means. It's an all out battle and I'm ready for war.


*frelationship is that situation you have with a dude where you aren't really friend but you aren't in a relationship. It may or may not include sex. this one does not include sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment