Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just leave it alone mah fren...




One of the biggest things that scares me about a relationship (especially in this day and age) is being disrespected. I'm not talking about the leaving the seat up and rolling your eyes when/if I complain- disrespect. I'm talking about the not respecting what I do for and who I am to you disrespect. I have a friend in a situation with a boyfriend she does EVERYTHING for. I mean more than I can contemplate doing for someone who hasn't put a ring on yet. And how does he treat her selfless acts? Like they don't matter. And maybe they don't to him- but I certainly know he'd be on the extra long struggle bus sans a back right wheel if she didn't do half the stuff she does. He has all types of girls texting him, he hangs out with ex bang buddies, and he seductively dances with women in front of my friends face. All within a seven day period.

I just don't get it.

Why do people (yes people) get into relationships if they don't plan on respecting their partners? If you want to have the ability to sleep with multiple girls why not be single and live the "playa playa" lifestyle. What is about dating someone and treating that person wrong that makes individuals feel good about themselves? It would hurt me to know that I'm hurting someone I care about... I just wish we were all built this way.


Bottom line: If you can't be committed- don't get in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment