Monday, March 29, 2010

The Second Choice Act of 2010

So there's a guy I'm kinda feeling- GT. By kinda I mean that when he's around it's exciting- when he's not I'm not stressed over it. My perfect "kinda." So after a confused saturday (filled with the inability to pick up the phone and call but instead confused ourselves into a tizzy via multiple misinterpreted texts)- we were chatting today (via text AGAIN) when he informed me of something that I've known all along- I'm a second choice.

Now when I first told my cousin Soli about this she was all chikitita you need to drop him like he's caliente. Which normally I would agree with if I wasn't second choicing him myself. I really see him as temporary entertainment. He's cute. He's funny. He's smart. but he's temporary. Given him or Terrence I'd probably pick Terrence (ok more than probably). When I really think about it- everybody the past few years (minus Rupert) has been a second choice. Can't be with him? O-k-k-k I'll pick you.

It's an awful place to put people in and it's not right because ultimately you end up comparing Man #2 to Man #1 and even if Man #2 is awesome- you'll take the shortcomings he didn't even know he had out on him. I've tried to be cognizant of this in choosing potential partners but I'll admit I'm coming up quite short. I think it's even gotten so bad that I've been selecting guys who can't measure up (no pun intended) because I don't have to worry about them swooping in and taking his place. Which at this point is both counterproductive and not much fun. It's also gotten bad enough that much like GT- I've picked guys who can act as a temporary substitute when I need to break the mode.

It's another one of these Little Miss Sunshine's good advice but lack of compliance examples. Story.Of.Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment