Tuesday, October 26, 2010

**blank**

We both have things to do.... I push my casebook to the side so he can get a better view of my face.

We both remark how awesome that summer was. How it started out so cordial. So full of expected niceties. How it all changed with a kiss on a crowded tube. How we couldn't get away from each other. He's talking and I'm thinking. Thinking about the way he smells, and how his arms feel. The little brown mole right below his wrist. His smile....

Santorini. I snap back.

White buildings, blue skies that kiss the ocean. Feet kicked up over the Aegean sampling fava and grape leaves... enjoying glasses of wine as the sun goes down. Running through the narrow streets of Thira, climbing to the heavens at Imerorvigli and dancing the night away on the cliffs at Oia.

This is the us that I try not to forget. The reminder that great love does exists. But try too hard and this is all I remember. I don't remember standing in the rain watching his car leave the airport. I don't remember words said that never deserved to cross the threshold of my brain. I certainly don't remember looking at each other with hate.

Sometimes I just wish we were back to that moment at Picadilly... surrounded by hundreds and only seeing each other. If only we could stay there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment