Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We Want Pre-Nup?


So before I start this blog (and even the intro to the blog) let em introduce Terence. A now acquaintance but former errr **bang buddy** for over three years, he was someone who made me want to tear my hair out, kick and scream, and possible bust the windows out of his car (if he had one) for the way that things went down b/n the two of us.. It was years full of lies, manipulation, general fuckery (on both sides) but alas- it's time to grow up in both age in maturity. ..

So anyhoo- he texted me the other day and after I decided to stop being rude to the loaded harmless questions he was asking, I decided to lay down exactly what it was that I would be an acceptable list of rules for us to continue with our burgeoning friendship. For me, establishing a baseline that was necessary for us to carry on kinda sparked a thought or two... can we draw up these same type of rules and regulations for successful relationships?

For instance, I jokingly made up a contract for sex buddies that I was saying I was going to ask everyone to sign.. a confidentiality and guideline for hook-ups that ensured the success of all parties involved. If I were to have a dating contract what would I include? I'll pick out five for right now because I don't think I could actually ever create one...

a) Check-Ins to discuss whether or not the relationship is useful to us (no clue how often)
b) A bare minimum of weekly swexy times...
c) No bitchassness... (if I don't call you every day please don't look at me like I'm suspect)
d) A date a week (we don't have to go anywhere but def some "just us time")
e) ... I've ran out of things. lol. I'll work on it.

What would you put on yours?

Title courtesy of Kanye West and Jamie Foxx's "Gold Digger"

No comments:

Post a Comment