Thursday, October 22, 2009

Double Donderdag*...

* Donderdag is Thursday in Afrikaans.

So I don't usually do doubles but since I've been awake til past 5 for the past 4 nights I figure I should write about what's been on my mind. I don't regret being single- sometimes I think that it's allowed me time to hankerdown and focus on me and figure out what I want and need from my future relationship(s). It allows me to work on being the best girlfriend that I can be because how do I love Little Mister Sunshine for who he is whilst I'm still trying to figure out who Little Miss Sunshine is? That being said, there are still some perks I miss...


* Forehead Kiss: Nothing says I love/like you like a forehead kiss. No matter how badly my day was going one of those always made me feel like all was going to be right in the world.

* Couples Vacays: The sun, the beach walks, the adventure and exploring, the kissing in the moonlight, the vacay she-bangbang...
* The Television Lap-Head Convo: Watching tv or even (sigh) a football game with your head rested comfortably in his lap is just... sigh almost makes me feel sensitive or something.
* Lame Dates: Even when the introductory magic is gone it's nice to have those lame cheesy dates that remind you of when he was still in the "impress her mode."

* Late Night Phone Calls: Gotta love that "you hang up" "no you hang up" "Okay we'll both hang up on the count of three..1.2.3." "wait are you still there?" "yeah I am..."
* Spooning: I used to hate cuddling but I will admit that there's something special about laying across a man's chest and hearing his heart beat or my favorite **gasp** snuggling up behind your man with your head in that little crook in his back and inhaling his cologne... (mini swoon)
*Forking: Well as we all know spooning leads to forking! Nothing like a good ole regular forking session.


Last but certainly not least...
Just being with that special someone! I really kinda miss having someone to talk to about any and everything. Someone who knew when I was freaking out even I was trying to hide it. Someone who I couldn't wait to find out about the minute details of their day... Someone I enjoyed making smile.



Okay okay- enough of the mushy gushy. Back to the real worlds with ya!

1 comment:

  1. aww this was cute!
    so i follow u on twitter too, so do u go to howard? and ur from chicago? lol i saw a tweet about u bein in chicago but goin back to dc or somethin

    ReplyDelete