Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where's The Benefit Exactly?

So the other day I was talking to a good guy friend of mine who was surprised to find out that my 3+ year friends with benefits (FwB) relationship really didn't have any friendship to it. It was kinda impossible, as he saw it, to have a real FwB if one part was missing but my history has shown that there is either one or the other to the situation- there is no both. Why? you may ask... because if you had both you'd have a relationship. 

I know I know... call me wrong, shoot angry messages to me, whatever but it's the truth. If I had a man that I could have amazing off the chain sex with and yet still be able to sit down, hang out, talk, go out in public with, etc. I would most certainly be trying to figure out how to get him down with the team. In my view the reason someone sticks with the title FwB is because there is just something off with all of that keeps it from being a relationship. Either your partner could never qualify as a true friend you'd regularly chill out with and share secrets with or they are simply someone who has the adequate sex game but nothing really sparks off in the bedroom. 

Now I'm not downing the friends with benefits relationship..I think if done right (sans the jealousy or the feelings that can pop up... all the correct conversations held before and after) the friends with benefits relationship can be a wonderful thing... a little pick me up in between relationships. At the same time though it's really let's just call a spade a spade... often there is no friendship with a benefit or there is no benefit with a friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment