Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Truth of the Matter Is...

when the money is gone, when the house is dust, when the silver is tarnished, your word is all you have.



All. you. have.


and when you mess that up you're dealing with nothing. I've always believe that. I've always remained certain that if I said what I meant and if I did what I could defend (whether it be right or wrong) that I could always feel safe in who I am.

But what do you do when people misinterpret what you say? What do you do if your word is A, and it's heard as B, and you can't defend B?

I'm stuck in this ground where I'm tearing at myself for wanting to defend what I had to say and what I did because I know I was doing what felt right for me. I want to express so badly how what was said and heard was not what I intended but I'm stuck. I'm stuck because it's important to me that my lasting impression is the correct one, but I also don't want to kick a dead horse to get there. What am I to do? What.am.i.to.do.

No comments:

Post a Comment