Friday, December 11, 2009

So what am I then... cotton?

My guy friends tease me about my lack of "wifey" skills all the time. No I don't cook, I clean only when it begins to bother me (which happens to be quite often actually), and if you're expecting me to be up under you like my name is June Cleaver you will be sorely disappointed- I only dress like a housewife.
One of these might not be entirely true.

That of course is just the tip of the iceberg with me. I'm not Ms. Cuddlesworth or Ms. Late Night van der Calls... but this lack of deep emotional investment also keeps me from being Senorita BustYourWindowsOutYourCar! I never considered that a fault however- more just my emotional makeup. I figured that Little Mister Sunshine would popup and we'd live life in our own little comfortable cocoon. That would be until I met Terence...

As I've fallen back in my cyclical nature of liking him and not liking him I'm reminded of something he told me a year and a half ago... that something about me just didn't scream girlfriend material. Ok he wasn't that bold with it but that was the general premises of the conversation. I just don't... I just can't... well..

what the hell is girlfriend material?

I'm honest, I'm friendly, people love me (no really- they do!), I'm mature, I'm not clingy, I'm supportive, I'm caring, I'm capable of handling a long distance and long term relationship...

Just what am I missing?



***I also want to apologize for the vagueness of recent posts, unfortunately I'm still deciding how much to reveal because I'm not sure who all reads this blog and I made the mistake of being very public about it so until I finish investigating... vague it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment