Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lions, Tigers, And Bears...

ALL of my friends keep asking me what would be so scary about giving Terence a try if he wanted to give us a chance. I couldn't quite put my fingers on it but tonight while talking to some of my girls I realized....

I don't believe in fairy tales. He does.


In a serious relationship I'm not looking for my white knight (no racial) to sweep me off my feet and make me feel like a princess. Maybe if I'm casually dating I'm looking for someone who keeps my interest and sometimes that includes being Mr. Romance or Mr. Benjamin (i'll introduce him next post!). In a serious relationship I'm looking for someone that I can build a future with. Someone that I can see myself respecting the covenant that we created under the eyes of the Lord. Someone that I trust to not just have the "nature" input into our kids but the "nurture" too. Someone who won't cheat me and someone who makes me not want to cheat.

He's not like that. He likes the Cinderellas and the Snow Whites. The unicorns and the gnargles. The late night phone calls, romantic dates, i love you texts and fireworks going off everywhere.

What I'm really afraid of I guess is that I can't give him what he wants/needs and honestly there is very little that I would do to change me to fit him.

No comments:

Post a Comment