Monday, September 20, 2010

Something New

I have never been a patient child. I was blessed with a lot but the ability to just sit by and let things pan out was never in the cards for me. This of course is a blessing in many aspects of my life- my career being one. This is also a wrecking ball for relationships.

This goes doubly when you consider that I like him. I really do like him. The smile he puts on my face. How things remind him of me. Our complete and utter randomness. I want to be me and put it out there. I want to push all of these societal regulations to the side and say how I just want to spend a friday wrapped up in his arms.

But apparently this isn't how things work. This makes me look silly and if you know anything else about me besides my lack of patience- I have a low tolerance for being made out to be a fool. So I sit here and twiddle my thumbs in hope that I'll learn a new skill this week.  That being a little less now-me will have a great effect on future-me. That he'll get the courage up to say what I'm thinking.

Cheers to patience.

1 comment: