Monday, November 9, 2009

And Everybody Says Girl Why Can't You Just Leave It Alone...

Forget sex, I invented hiding emotions. I have a box down in the pit of my stomach that I keep under lock and key. when it's no longer convenient for me to care about someone or something I take the feelings and bury them in this box never to see the light of day again. It has a downside- I can be a bit uncaring and rude but it's all in an effort to make sure I don't lose sight of my key. But then there are those trying time in life when I realize that I'm not the best keeper of keys (just ask how many Duke IDs I had in undergrad...) and perhaps I've given a few or lost a few and others have picked them up....

enough of the metaphors though.


I like to get rid of those things that make me awkward and often irritated- namely feelings. So it's an absolute horror story when I notice out of the blue that my little box of hidden emotions has been leaking and I'm starting to feel those things I put deep within. Now I'm at the point where i'm second guessing every decision I'm making and needing confirmation that I'm heading down the right pathway because pathos is not logos, and it's the emotions that get me in trouble. I've been trying to ignore the signs that he's sending, trying to clean up the signs that I'm sending and in the process driving myself a bit up the wall. I guess if I were to learn a lesson from this it would be that you have to deal with your feelings in an emotionally mature way and not hide them because the truth will come to light but...

when have I ever listened to myself?

Title Courtesy of Ne-Yo's "Let Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment