Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Rundown





As predicted- law school has engulfed my life. I don't mean my week days and a sunday afternoon like undergrad (or graduate school) I mean at this point in the semester (a WHOLE two weeks in)- I eat, drink, and sleep the law. I read cases, I read statutes/constitutions/treaties, I outline, brief cases, read more cases. I write oral arguments, construct legal memos, talk about the law, apply for jobs, pray to God. I mean everything I do is related to law.


Except for the gym. I carve two hours out of my day to pound the treadmill- listening to outrageous music (from La GaGa to Roscoe Dash and a hint of Cee-Lo) and just not think about anything to do with law. It's like I need that time to breathe (which is ironic considering that I struggle to keep a breath)- because I'm afraid that my little tight wrapped world will suddenly come undone. I guess that's what occurs when the anal go to law school but it doesn't make me feel better about myself. Now if I could just match my eating with my gym habits - I'll be working towards my new years resolution quiiiiite nicely.


Finally- love? love sucks. well maybe not sucks but it just doesn't exist here. I got kind of excited because a guy I was slightly interested in last semester seemed really interested in e too. We talked during break about hanging out this semester and sitting together in class (assigned seats so it's a major decision lol- but seriously)... I see him the night before our class together and he's like oh i'll catch you in class- we're still sitting together right? (right i thought).... roll into class and womp womp. He's sitting in between two other girls and basically freezes me out. Not sure what I did to him in my sleep but eh- I'm suppose to be focusing anyway right?

So that's it these days: reading, writing, and jobs.

bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment